Sunday, 30 September 2012

DUMPSTER DIVING: An Introduction

I know summer may seem like nothing but a distant memory to many of you, but I still have remnants of that summer spirit on my hard drive . . . and by 'summer spirit' I mean the movies I watched on VHS while I was baking away in Cyprus.

What better way to spend long Mediterranean nights than sat in front of a ten year old 4:3 screen watching whatever gems have been left there by the owners??

Gems including;
  • The Patriot (of the Seagal variety)
  • Crimson Tide
  • Ransom 
  • Delta Force 2
  • Universal Soldier: The Return
  • Under Siege 2
A cineaste's wet-dream, I'm sure you'll agree.

Seeing said stacks of VHS tapes, I set myself a trashy action movie criteria in order to see what I was missing on ITV4 a couple of nights a week.

Anyway, I got around to watching the above films; thoroughly enjoying some and utterly despising others.

I'll leave you to guess which ones are which . . .