Saturday, 1 August 2015

20,000 Pageviews – Thank You!

Well, that escalated quickly . . .

I checked up on the blog yesterday morning to find the site was just 30 views or so away from the 20,000 mark.

So, I rushed through a set of social media updates to let the world know, then I sat . . .

And sat . . .

And sat . . .

And an hour or two later, the counter flicked over to 20,000. Lightning crashed, shattering every window of my humble abode. Ethereal light flooded betwixt the broken shards, sending rainbows of colour cascading across my body. My mind, now free of the shackles of man, saw me rise from my slumber and begin to levitate. Before I knew it I was soaring high above the Earth, bathed in the warmth of greatness.

Okay, it didn’t quite go like that . . . but whatever, man, give me my moment!

After all those superheroics, I thought I’d take it easy for a couple of hours and mow the lawn.

I’d done my bit; the ball was in your hands now . . .

And, out of nowhere, my desperate Hail Mary found its target.

‘I don’t suppose I win do I?’, came the response and, self-afffacing even in victory, Ernie Jackevic quietly rose from the ashes to claim his prize.

What I’m trying to say is, we have a winner!

At 5:58 yesterday afternoon, Ernie sent me his winning ’20,019’ screenshot.

And I couldn’t have been more pleased with the winner. Part of me had wanted some total newcomer to come along and claim the prize (hence me including the daft ‘it doesn’t matter where you are in the world’ line), but this is far more apt.

As fate would have it, Ernie is the only other person I’ve ever watched Aliens with (fix!). The two of us went along to a midnight screening a few years ago at Woodhall Spa’s fabulous Kinema in the Woods. And, I think I’m correct in saying that I’ve been unaccompanied for every other viewing, prior or since. So, that’s kind of a special thing.


Thank you for winning, Ernie! And thank you to everyone who’s visited the site over the past week or so. There were clearly quite a few of you . . . or possibly just a handful of you over and over again. My competition article managed to become my second most successful post of all time in just three days, eclipsing past champions such as The Cabin in the Woods and Kick-Ass 2. It’s crazy to think there was a time when I thought my review of The Cabin in the Woods was so far ahead in views that it could, and would, never be beaten. But how wrong I was; my competition article’s success saw it drop out of the top 10 completely. Oh, how the mighty have fallen . . .

Thing’s may slow down a tad over the next week and change because I’m spending some more time in London with Natalia. But, primarily, because I’ve got some YouTube videos to make!

Natalia and my sister’s votes beat out Dan Wilshire and Billy Forsyth’s suggestions for how I should celebrate, and I’ve got a few ideas ready. So we’ll see how that goes. Watch this space!

You've got more of this magic to look forward to . . .

Videos will obviously be linked to on Twitter and Facebook (any follows/likes would be greatly appreciated!). I’ll also post them all on here but, if you want to get ahead of the game, the YouTube channel I’ll be using is already up and running and a subscription will ensure you’re first in line!

Thank you all for your continued support. It’s such a joy to have you guys along for the ride and here’s to hoping that ride continues well into the future!

Over and out,

Benedict Seal